So after the excitement of the positive test wore off, I called my doctor and made an appt to be seen to get the "official" confirmation. I mentioned to them that I had some cramping on the right side so the doctor decided to do an ultrasound. I was excited till I realized it was an internal ultrasound! Yikes! Now I know why they call it the "Dildo Cam!"
But because I am only 4 weeks along, they couldn't see anything which is completely normal. The Doc said you usually can't see anything till at least 6 weeks, so I go back on the 17th for another one. Should be able to see the little guy/girl and hopefully hear a heart beat! They also did some blood work to make sure my HCG levels are ok. I go back for more blood work on Tuesday. The level of HCG should be doubling every 48 hours so if the level goes up on the latter test, then everything should be good. We are anxiously awaiting my appt next Thursday to hear the results of the tests. Cross your fingers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment