Friday, February 27, 2009

And We're Pregnant!!

So Bryan and I officially starting trying to conceive this month. I had just went off the pill in December after being on it for about 14 years, so we really thought we might have a tough time. Add to that the fact that I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism and we really thought it might take a while!

But we decided to give it a shot anyways. After ovulation, I was a bit excited about everything, so I tested at 6, 10, and 12 days post ovulation and all were BFNs. :( So I pretty much thought this cycle was a dud and went out and bought a Basal Body Temp thermometer and an Ovulation Predictor Kit to "get serious" about this.

I started charting on 2/24, which was the day that Aunt Flo was due. Well AF didn't come that day. Thinking she was just being stubborn, I decided to wait a day...well she didn't come that day either. How rude of her I thought! So just because I like peeing on sticks, I thought I'd do it just to be sure....well lo and behold I got a very faint line on a First Response Early Response test! I had to wake Bryan up to make sure he saw it too! And he did. I had a digital test, so I pee'd on that one too and it said "Yes!" I could not believe my eyes! Here are the tests:

We are really excited! We were SHOCKED that it happened so quick, but couldn't be happier! Should have listened to my friend Kelly...the same thing happened to her! We were laughing that our husbands got a bum deal because they didn't get to "try" very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment